Introduction (Read First): Glimmer Tours is not your ordinary tourism company. Our unique approach of specializing in only a few itinerary options has provided us industry leading satisfaction ratings from our clients. By providing the same exact experience to every traveler in each group, we are able to control the quality of your whole experience. If you are in the market for custom itineraries and want to piece together a trip yourself, we may not be the right fit. But if you are looking for a stress free planning experience, high quality pilgrimages and a great price with everything included then you're at the right place!
- How does Glimmer Tours offer $700 in additional savings & value per traveler?
- What our clients love about our tour packages is that there are no hidden fees and everything is included. Below is a list of items that differentiates our All Inclusive Package from most other companies.
Additional Savings & Value
- We Include All Meals
- We Include All Tips
- Our Itinerary is Longer (More Days)
- Our Groups are Smaller (28 - 38 people)
$700 Total Additional Savings & Value
There are many other hidden fees other companies may surprise you with such as admission fees, meals and transfers. While the majority of other companies don't include lunch, many don't include dinners either.
We are proud of our full transparency in pricing and the high quality experiences we provide.
- What type of hotels do we stay in?
- We only work with quality hotel options. You will be staying at 4 star hotels in Bethlehem, Tiberias & Nazareth.
- What type of flights do you purchase for us?
We only work with quality airline carriers such as Delta, Air Canada, Air France, United, Lufthansa, Aeroflot, Alitalia, El Al, Brussels, SWISS, Iberia, LOT, Royal Jordanian, Turkish, KLM with stopovers in countries such as USA, Canada, Italy, France, Germany, Jordan, Russia, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Belgium, Switzerland, etc.
Depending on the airport you depart from and the availability of the flights at the time of purchase, please expect 1 or 2 stops on your way to and back from Israel.
Total travel time to Israel from the USA typically ranges from 14 - 24 hours. This may vary shorter or longer under special circumstances.
The selection of which airline or flight option is at the full discretion of Glimmer Tours. Once we issue your tickets, you will be able to call the airline directly or log-in online to manage your booking and make any special requests to the airline such as dietary requirements or wheelchair assistance.
Glimmer Tours does not offer business or first class options. You may have the option to upgrade to premium economy depending on flight availability. This must be processed directly with the airline.
Some airlines allow for free advanced seat selection while others may charge an additional fee for this perk. Glimmer Tours cannot guarantee seat assignment, this must be coordinated directly with the airline.
- Do you offer Land Only packages where we purchase our own flights?
For quality control and organizational purposes, Glimmer Tours does not offer Land Only options and only offers our standard Flight & Land package
What options do I have if I am traveling alone?
Single Occupancy: You can pay an additional fee of $700 to guarantee a room to yourself.
Roommate Matching: Let us match you up with a same gender roommate for an additional fee of $200. If we are unable to find a match, you will receive a room to yourself.
How do I meet up with the group? Where is the group traveling from?
Our groups consist of solo travelers, family and friend groups departing from airports all across the USA. Although you may run into other group members at the airport, during transfers or at dinner on the day of arrival, you are scheduled to meet everyone in your tour group at breakfast the morning of your first day of sightseeing.
Are all tips actually include in the package?
Yes all tips are included. Other companies will tell you that tips to your guide and driver are not included. Then prior to your departure they will inform you that it is customary to tip $120 - $200 per person and that it is important to do so. We feel this is misleading and unnecessary. For this reason, we include all tips so you aren't surprised with any additional expenses and so our guides & drivers are happy knowing they will get paid well. If you want to leave an additional tip because you personally feel compelled to, that is at your own discretion.
Do you have Spanish tours?
At this time, Glimmer Tours only offers tours in English.
Can I join the tour if I am not Catholic?
Yes of course! While our program is primarily geared towards the Catholic faithful, all are welcome to participate and to encounter the unique spiritual experience found on our pilgrimage. There is no obligation to attend Mass.
What are the best months to travel to the Holy Land?
The months of March, April, May, September, October and November are the best and most popular months to travel. We do not offer pilgrimages in the winter and summer months as the weather can get very cold and hot. Quality control and consistency is of the upmost importance to us, so for this reason, we only schedule pilgrimages 6 months out of the year.
Do you offer extensions or custom itineraries?
To maintain the quality of our pilgrimages, Glimmer Tours does not customize its itinerary for Individual travelers in a group. Everyone in the group arrives and departs on the same day and gets the same experience.
Is health insurance with coverage for Covid required for travel to Israel?
Glimmer Tours has partnered with Arch RoamRight to provide our clients travel insurance coverage. Although optional, we do recommend our clients purchase a comprehensive policy with trip cancellation and medical benefits.
Each traveler will receive a quote to purchase a policy after completing registration.
Click here to view the policy coverage and pricing.
- Is Glimmer Tours licensed & insured?
- Yes we are fully incorporated in California. We are an active California Seller of Travel member (# 2142287-40) and have comprehensive Travel Agents and Tour Operators Professional Liability Insurance with Arch Insurance.
- How do I register and pay for the trip?
- Click on the green "Select" button on the tour page you are interested in. Then select the number of people you would like to book for. You will be able to see your payment plan, when each payment is due and how much each payment is. You may either register online or over the phone by calling us at 1 (800) 282-8407.
If you are traveling in a group, we recommend registering each couple or solo traveler under a separate account with a different email address as to make it easier for you to track and make payments.
Note: Prices are based on paying using our online eCheck / ACH option. If you'd like to use credit/debit cards then there is a 2.9% card surcharge (3.9% for AMEX).
- What happens after I complete my registration and pay my deposit?
- We will email a pilgrimage confirmation document for each individual traveler to sign electronically. This will outline all the terms of our tour and information you provided us during registration. To confirm your booking, please review and sign this document within 30 days of your registration date.